- Council: The French presidency’s priorities
- EP: Tax information sharing must improve significantly
- ESMA: Report on trends, risks and vulnerabilities
- TPI publishes fresh scenarios
- Update on the implementation of the Whistleblowing Directive (Transparency International)
- Report: Europe’s top 25 banks failing on green pledges
- Report: Governance trends shaping 2021 (Diligent)
- Report: SMEs’ digital future (Accountancy Europe)
- France: Middlenext Corporate Governance Code updated
- The New Corporation: How “good” corporations are bad for democracy (Harvard Law School Forum on CG)
- How the benefits of mandatory sustainability reporting by business do outweigh the costs (Frank Bold)
- The promise of stakeholder capitalism: illusory or real?
- EC: EU Sustainable Investment Summit
- Sustainable Corporate Governance
- LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER: 28th of September: As part of the European SME Week, ecoDa will organise an event, under the patronnage and with the participation of DG GROW, on “Underpinning entrepreneurship and resilience: Key governance challenges for unlisted companies“.
- SAVE THE DATE: 9th of November: European Corporate Governance Conference accompanying event to the Slovenian presidency, Beyond Traditional Corporate Governance – SUSTAINABILITY & INNOVATION. Organised by the Slovenian Directors’ Association, EY and ecoDa. More information to come.
- ecoDa’s Educational Videos: Collective Actions. ecoDa, AIG and Crowell&Moring have jointly produced a short video to explain the concept of collective actions and its role in the EU, while also to shed light on the collective redress directive and the impact on businesses, boards and Officers Insurance.
- 21nd of September: ecoDa’s board meeting;
- 22nd of September: ecoDa’s board members will meet Commissioner Reynders to discuss the EC Sustainable Corporate Governance initiative.
The EU Alert is available for download here.